Hotels near Durham University
Are you looking for a hotel near Durham University? At Low Key Travel Planning, we've put together a list of our recommended hotels below, all of which can be booked online, and we also offer a free hotel recommendation service if you're struggling to choose the best hotel for you!
Durham has no shortage of hotels, many of which are located close to the colleges and campuses of Durham University, one of the UK's top universities that over 20,000 students call home.
Based on over a decade of experience in the local hotel industry, we've put together a selection of the best hotels near Durham University, in and around the City Centre, that offer everything you need for a relaxing and comfortable stay.Between pickups, drop-offs, visits, graduations and ceremonies, you're likely to stay in a hotel 3-4 times a year, so now is a good time to take a moment and review the hotels near Durham University that will be best for you.If you're travelling by car, we recommend a hotel with free/low-cost car parking just outside of the city centre, but if you're travelling by train then your best option will be to choose a city centre hotel within easy reach of the train station.All of our recommended hotels below include links so that you can book online with instant confirmation, but if you prefer a personalised recommendation based on your individual requirements please feel free to contact us for a free hotel recommendation.
Hotels near Durham University
Affiliate disclosure - the Book Now links below are to our booking partner Booking.com, if you book using them we may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, which helps us to keep this site running - thank you!
Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HL
Located in the historic Old Shire Hall building, this luxury hotel is perfect if you prefer to stay in the City Centre.Price Range: ££££
Car Parking: Limited, £16/24hr
Train Station: 0.8 miles
The Kingslodge Inn
Flass Vale, Durham, DH1 4BG
The perfect place to eat, drink and sleep, this cozy inn offers everything you need under one roof.Price Range: £££
Car Parking: Free
Train Station: 0.4 miles
Frankland Lane, Durham, DH1 5TA
Modern and large hotel overlooking the River Wear, the Radisson Blu's spa facilities are open to all guests.Price Range: £££
Car Parking: £14 per day
Train Station: 0.7 miles
Carville, Durham, DH1 1TD
4-star hotel with complimentary spa access, championship golf course and Rib Room steakhouse restaurantPrice Range: ££££
Car Parking: Free
Train Station: 3.6 miles
Eden Terrace, Durham DH1 2HJ
Budget hotel not far from the City Centre, a good choice if you're making a quick trip on a budget.Price Range: ££
Car Parking: Free
Train Station: 2.4 miles
The Townhouse Hotel
Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HL
High end hotel that offers themed rooms, lodge rooms with hot tubs, and on site BBQ smokehouse restaurant.Price Range: ££££
Car Parking: Free
Train Station: 0.9 miles
Royal County Hotel
Old Elvet, Durham, DH1 3JN
Part of the Marriott chain of hotels, centrally located with newly refurbished rooms and Cathedral viewsPrice Range: ££££
Car Parking: £19 per night
Train Station: 0.8 miles
Bowburn Hall Hotel
Bowburn, Durham DH6 5NH
Popular hotel not far from Durham, with 20 uniquely designed bedrooms and garden lodges.Price Range: £££
Car Parking: Free
Train Station: 4.5 miles
Looking for a personalised recommendation?
If you're looking for a personalised hotel recommendation, based on your individual requirements for when you're visiting Durham University, email us who will be happy to help, drawing on over a decade of experience in the local hotel and tourism industry.
Durham University Term Times
The dates below are important for booking hotel rooms, especially when you're dropping off and picking up. You typically need to book around two or three days before or after the date, depending on the student's timetable.
|Easter vacation 2022||19 March 2022||24 April 2022|
|Easter Term 2022||25 April 2022||24 June 2022|
|Summer vacation 2022||25 June 2022||25 September 2022|
|Induction Week 2022||26 September 2022||2 October 2022|
|Michaelmas Term 2022||3 October 2022||9 December 2022|
|Christmas vacation 2022-2023||10 December 2022||8 January 2023|
|Epiphany Term 2023||9 January 2023||17 March 2023|
|Easter vacation 2023||8 March 2023||23 April 2023|
|Easter Term 2023||24 April 2023||23 June 2023|
|Summer vacation 2023||24 June 2023||24 September 2023|
All About Durham University
Did you know that Durham University is a member of the Russell Group, ranking it as one of the best University's in the UK, with a dedication to world-class research and teaching?Founded in 1832, it was known as Queen’s College until it became a university in its own right in 1837. In recent years the University has made a significant investment in its facilities, with new campuses and high-quality student accommodation being just some of the upgrades made to improve the already high standards on offer.
Best hotel deals near Durham University
Making 3-4 visits to Durham a year can soon add up, so each time you book you can take a few steps to get the most out of your budget. Our top tips for finding the best deals when you're looking for a hotel near Durham University are:
Book early - as soon as timetables are confirmed and dates are released, it's best to book to get a good deal. Our booking partners Booking.com allow you to book up to a year in advance!
Take advantage of loyalty clubs including Genius rates with Booking.com to get up to 15% off your next booking, just make sure you sign in before you book to get the best prices!
Consider picking up and dropping off a day or two either side of your preferred dates, Saturdays are particularly expensive but Sunday's tend to be up to 50% cheaper!
Make an Enquiry
Would you like a personal recommendation for the best hotels near Durham University that are suited to your individual requirements? Fill in the form below and our team will draw on over a decade of industry experience to find the best hotel for you.
<<Back to HomepageThis is the privacy notice of Low Key Travel Planning Ltd.We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection laws protect you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
1. WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7. DATA SECURITY
8. DATA RETENTION
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
11. QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS1. WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATIONWhat is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you contact us.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.Data controller(s)
Low Key Travel Planning Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "Low Key Travel Planning", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice). Our contact details are 35 Langmere, Spennymoor, Durham, DL16 6UW and email@example.com. For all data matters contact Christopher Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Low Key Travel Planning is the controller and responsible for this website.Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.Affiliate Disclaimer
We are members of the Booking.com affiliate scheme. If you click any of the hotel links on this site you may be transferred to Booking.com and we may earn a commission if you choose to book via these links.2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes FIRST NAME/LAST NAME/ USERNAME/MARITAL STATUS/ TITLE/DATE OF BIRTH/GENDER.
• Contact Data includes BILLING ADDRESS/DELIVERY ADDRESS/EMAIL ADDRESS/ TELEPHONE NUMBERS.We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you when you contact us. You may give us your IDENTITY, CONTACT AND FINANCIAL DATA by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• Fill in our enquiry form
• Email us
• Subscribe to our newsletter
• Make use of our services4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.• Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by emailing email@example.com• Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.GENERALLY WE DO NOT RELY ON CONSENT AS A LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OTHER THAN IN RELATION TO SENDING THIRD PARTY DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU VIA EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT TO MARKETING AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING US BY EMAIL CHRIS@LOWKEYTRAVEL.CO.UKPURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Purpose/Activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To provide services to you as a customerTo fulfil your enquiries (a) Identity
(b) Contact Performance of a contract with youMarketing
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING PERSONAL DATA CONTROL MECHANISMS:Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by using the unsubscribe link in each marketing message.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of providing a service.Cookies
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email email@example.com
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties in order to fulfil your enquiries and services. This includes:• Internal Third Parties
• External Third Parties Service
• Providers such as hotels, tour guides and other organisations based in the UK in order to fulfil your bookings, travel plans, and services which you purchase or book from/through us.• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide CONSULTANCY, BANKING, LEGAL, INSURANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES.• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities ACTING AS PROCESSORS OR JOINT CONTROLLERS based IN THE UNITED KINGDOM WHO REQUIRE REPORTING OF PROCESSING ACTIVITIES IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.• Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
MANY OF OUR EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES ARE BASED OUTSIDE THE UK SO THEIR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL INVOLVE A TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE UK.WHENEVER WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUT OF THE UK, WE ENSURE A SIMILAR DEGREE OF PROTECTION IS AFFORDED TO IT BY IMPLEMENTING SAFEGUARDS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR DATA IS PROTECTED AS FAR AS REASONABLY POSSIBLE.
PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL CHRIS@LOWKEYTRAVEL.CO.UK IF YOU WANT FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE SPECIFIC MECHANISM USED BY US WHEN TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUT OF THE UK.7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (INCLUDING CONTACT, IDENTITY, FINANCIAL AND TRANSACTION DATA) FOR SIX YEARS AFTER THEY CEASE BEING CUSTOMERS FOR TAX PURPOSES.In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Christopher NaylorNo fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
THIS VERSION WAS LAST UPDATED ON 5/1/22 AND HISTORIC VERSIONS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING US.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.11. QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.comIf this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.<<Back to Homepage
<<Back to HomepageTERMS OF WEBSITE USEPLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
https://lowkeytravel.co.uk is a site operated by Low Key Travel Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13827543 and have our registered office at 35 Langmere, Spennymoor, Durham, DL16 6UW.We are a limited company.CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.ACCESSING OUR SITE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
· use of, or inability to use, our site; or
· use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
· loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
· business interruption;
· loss of anticipated savings;
· loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
· any indirect or consequential loss or damage.If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licenses:• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.VIRUSES
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgTHIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.APPLICABLE LAW
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.<<Back to Homepage
<<Back to HomepageThis acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website lowkeytravel.co.uk (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.Lowkeytravel.co.uk is a site operated by Low Key Travel Planning Ltd (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company 13827543 and we have our registered office at 35 Langmere, Spennymoor, Durham, DL16 6UW.PROHIBITED USES
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.You also agree:· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.INTERACTIVE SERVICESWe may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
· BlogsWhere we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.Content StandardsThese content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.Contributions must:
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICYWe may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.<<Back to Homepage